WHAT IS FOSTERING?
Fostering gives you the opportunity to single-handedly change an animal’s life for the better.
The more foster families we have on board, the more animals we can save!
Fostering can provide the unique, individualized attention that some animals require before they’re ready for adoption.
Fostering has a direct, positive impact on the animal and is a very rewarding experience for those who choose to become caregivers.
So many animals are euthanized each year in local shelters due to the stresses that they experience in that environment causing their mental health to gradually decline. Foster homes allow these animals to decompress and provides enrichment that will allow these animals to become wonderful family companions.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOSTERING
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN FOSTERING IN OHIO THESE ARE REQUIREMENTS BY RESCUES!
1. If you own pets must be spayed/neutered
2. Must be up to date on vaccinations
3. Must have Landlord approval, provide Landlord contact info
4. Must provide Vet Contact Info
5. Must be 21 years old for most Rescues.
6. Must have 2 to 3 References
7. Must own a vehicle to transport dog to Vet Appointments, Adoption Events, and Fundraisers
8. Must be available for Home Visit
9. Make sure you have no breed specific bans in your area. Apply with Rescues that fit your size, type, age, time to spend with the dogs.
10. All dogs are to be kept inside when you are not home, crated.
11. MUST FOLLOW DECOMPRESSION!
Will share a link for you if you inquire about Fostering. Must be COMMITTED to Fostering. Rescues work with you, if you have any problems or need advice they are there to help you through them. If you are not 100% able to commit yourself then please don't apply. Rescues are all Volunteers. They are Non-Profit, They have to process apps and it takes time, they work full time jobs too. Be patient, it is imperative to assure that the dog goes to a safe place. Rescues pay for all vetting, provides supplies you need and support! Don't give up at the blink of an eye. Rescue will work with you to help you get a dog that is a good fit for you. Apply and get approved now, don't wait till the last minute. If there are no dogs currently what you can foster, get approved and help with volunteering until that dog comes along.
PET FOSTERING: QUESTIONS ABOUT ANIMAL FOSTER CARE ANSWERED
By being a pet foster parent, you provide a temporary home for an animal prior to adoption. Fostering animals is a wonderful and personal way to contribute to saving homeless pets.